New Delhi – We live in a world where we are constantly busy with work, daily chores, technology, etc. and as a result, we fail to take time for ourselves. The importance of self-care, mental and physical well-being is greatly undermined.
In the ongoing mission to help people age gracefully and radiate a sense of inner harmony, many people are looking for a natural, sensible choice that will help them look and feel great. Facial yoga is a natural choice to help achieve lasting results.
Facial yoga includes massage and activities that stimulate the muscles, skin, and lymphatic system. This procedure is meant to soften and relax your facial muscles to help release tension, stress and worry. It can also help you stop making facial expressions associated with these feelings. In addition to this, individuals these days find it difficult to fall asleep. People all over the world aren’t getting the average amount of sleep they used to get decades ago. Facial yoga has also been shown to help with sleep at night.
Aditya Arya co-founder, Yes Madam, shares types of facial yoga you can do anywhere:
* Forward pleats transport fresh blood and oxygen to the skin, which enjoys a healthy glow.
* The back bend tones and firms the front muscles of the neck, while the twists firm the side of the face and release neck pressure.
*Slower types of yoga that include holding poses for extended periods of time might offer you a greater chance of bringing that attention to your facial muscles. This includes Hatha, Yin or supportive yoga. You can also take care of relaxing your facial muscles during your meditation, pranayama, or yoga nidra practice.
Here are some simple facial yoga exercises:
* An eye massage where you close your fists but push your thumbs towards your eyes in a circular motion helps you get rid of dark circles and release stress
* The simple exercise of blinking helps improve vision
* Lifting your chin by your thumbs helps you get rid of your double chin, squeezing the cheeks to improve blood circulation by squeezing and grasping the flesh
* Placing both index fingers on either side of the nose directly next to the corner of the inner eye helps to sleep better
Daily facial yoga harmonizes our human connection with our facial expressions, movements, facial muscles and nerves. Facial yoga is less painless than surgery which temporarily removes fine lines and wrinkles. This is one of the reasons why it is gaining so much popularity. Facial yoga gives you the benefits of a face lift without any chemicals injected into your skin. Although getting results is very slow, good things usually take time. Face yoga is the latest craze in India for people of all ages. (IANS)