Walker-Peters got the news from England in the shower!

KYLE Walker-Peters has revealed he was cut off by Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl in the shower when told he would be in the England squad.

The 24-year-old could make his first international appearance when the Three Lions take on Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday.

When asked how he learned of his summons, following the withdrawals of Trent Alexander Arnold and Reece James, the Saints defender replied: “It was actually Saturday, the day before my match. I was actually in the shower.

“The manager had given us a week off for the international break and he asked me where I was going and then said ‘no you’re not going, you’re going with England’.

“I was surprised, as the team had already been released of course, but really excited to have this news.”

Former Tottenham ace Walker-Peters has represented England in the respective age groups.

He was part of the Young Lions Under-20 squad to seal World Cup glory in 2017.

“Playing for the youth teams for me is equally important. Representing England – I went with the Under-20 team that won the World Cup,” he said.

“I played left back in this tournament. So I feel well prepared in that regard.

“I hope one day I can do it with the senior team.

“It would mean everything (to make my senior debut). It’s all you work for as a kid, starting in those youth teams in the England squad and eventually getting to the senior team. , that’s what dreams are made of. .

“It would mean everything to me with all the hard work I’ve put in over the years and to be rewarded with this opportunity.”

Walker-Peters has mainly operated at left-back for the Saints this season, due to the emergence of Tino Livramento on the right.

But after being called up by Gareth Southgate, the Edmonton-born star insisted he played on the right flank in training.

“I trained as a right-back but we’ll see what happens and I’m just going to do everything I can to prepare for this opportunity,” he said.